Sunday, February 5, 2023

Weekly Progress

I felt tired most of this last week and I'm not sure why. We wrapped up January and moved into February and it's a bit mindboggling how fast the year is going. I did complete my non-fiction book for January. I listened to Reading Like a Writer by Francine Prose though I also have the paperback version as well. This is definitely one of those books I suspect I'll gain more each time I read/listen to it. I recommend it if you want to learn more about deep reading whether or not your goal is to be a better writer. I still need to decide on my non-fiction book for February. 

The Main Habits I'm Tracking:

    1) Morning Affirmations -- 7 of 7 days.

    2) 20 Minutes Walking -- I haven't done a concentrated walk. It's still a goal though so I'm leaving it up here. Per my pedometer, I'm averaging 1.5 miles of walking per day which I'm happy about.  

    3) 20 Minutes Reading -- 6 of 7 days, including wrapping up my non-fiction book for the month as noted above. 

    4) Work Writing -- 5 of 7 days, including some editing for Joely. Run, don't walk, and pick up One Cut Deeper by Joely Sue Burkhart and fall in love with Charlie and Ranay.

    5) Name 3 Gratitudes -- 7of 7 days -- No real surprises this week.

    6) Drink 4 "bottles" of water -- 4 of 7 -- The calendar reminder is definitely helping. I'm also tracking this on my pedometer. 

My plan was to do another no book buy month for February but I already kicked that to the curb. I'll have to come up with another thing to apply to February for my no-spend goals for the year. 

I decided to take my trip. It's a bit scary because I really can't afford it and continue with my plan to be debt free by May/June of next year. However, yesterday, I bought my flight and ticket to LLS M5 and reserved the hotel in Savannah. I plan to take advantage of this trip to visit friends in Miami and, maybe, Fort Mill. This trip will tick the box of going somewhere I've never been before - Savannah. Joely and Molly will be at LLS as attending authors so it will be a blast no matter how it shakes down.

No comments: