Friday, July 1, 2011

Fantastic Food Friday: Pulled Pork

We stock up on pork roasts whenever they go on sell and stick them in the freezer. Recently, we were checking out the meats reduced for a quick sale and there were two lovely pork roasts. Because we were short on time and money we debated buying both, which was overheard by the employee stocking the area. This lovely man reduced the price on both roasts for us. I <3 my Kroger :)

Forget that store bought tub.

Pull out the crock pot.

I just drop a roast in the crock pot with a healthy amount of our favorite BBQ sauce and let it cook. Because the roast usually has a bone, I let it cook for a full 10 hours. When it's done, I remove the bone and shred the meat.

This is an awesome dinner when you're looking for something easy and on the lighter side. I usually offer some caramelized onions on the side. Serve on fresh Kaiser rolls (we like to toast them). Leftovers store beautifully in the fridge for quick lunches. Heck, sometimes I make this up just so we have it in the fridge for lunches!

le yum people.


Click here for more great recipes.

No comments: