Friday, September 24, 2010

Fantastic Food Friday: Blue Cheese & Blueberries

I love finding new recipes on packaging and this one was on the back of the blue cheese I'd picked up for the steak.

Blue Cheese, Blueberry, and Walnut Salad
Mixed salad greens
1 pint fresh blueberries
1/4 cup walnuts
1/4 crumbled blue cheese

Dressing:
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup raspberry wine vinegar
1/4 sugar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

In a jar with a tight lid, combine the dressing ingredients and shake well. In a large bowl, toss the salad greens with the blueberries, walnuts and vinaigrette. Top with blue cheese to serve. Serves 6.

Blue Cheese with Red Onion Steak is a simple matter of barbecuing or broiling your preferred cut of steak and topping with crumbled blue cheese and diced red onion the last few minutes of cooking.


Blueberry Crisp (This was a haphazard recipe put together by my mom and I trying to remember how much of what went into the topping.  I'll try and update with the real recipe when I get home, LOL)


Click here for more great recipes.

No comments: