Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Trimming the Tree Tuesday

This year's tree -- straight from Salem, Oregon...again -- is a gorgeous, unbelievably fragrant, Grand Fir.


Mark set it up. I put the lights on. Then we let the boys go wild with the ornaments.

I'm not sure if I've ever had a Grand Fir before but this baby makes the house smell like Christmas. The fresh aroma of evergreen fills the house. I can't remember ever being able to smell the Christmas tree from upstairs, yet each morning that is the smell that greets me.

4 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

Oh my God, it's gorgeous! That's the thickest tree I've ever seen. And you decorated it beautifully.

I wish I could smell it. :grin:

Sherri said...

Thanks Maria, I think the boys did a pretty good job. I love waking up to it every morning. To bad Blogger doesn't have a scratch-n-sniff feature, LOL

Nicole said...

How pretty! But now that you mention it, a scratch and sniff feature would be cool. That's one thing I miss about having a real tree (we had to get a fake one because of Dad's allergies).

Sherri said...

Nicole, we had a fake one growing up...lived in the Bay Area...but then we moved to Oregon. With all those trees around, it was just wrong to have a fake tree, LOL.

Since moving to the desert we've talked about getting a fake tree again but so far we haven't caved!!