Friday, December 31, 2010

Fantastic Food Friday: the Sprits Version

Venetian Coffee

1 teaspoon sugar
5 ounces coffee
1 jigger brandy
Whipped Cream

Mix sugar, coffee, and brandy.  Float whipped cream on top.  I like to add a dash of nutmeg.









Hot Buttered Rum

1 teaspoon butter
1 tablespoon brown sugar
pinch or dash (whichever is smaller to you) each of nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves
1 jigger rum
6-8 ounces boiling water

Cream butter, sugar, and spices till smooth.  Stir in rum.  Add boiling water.  Optional: float whipped cream on top and sprinkle with nutmeg.

Note: This is my single cup version of a bulk recipe that called for a pound of brown sugar.  I usually mix a teaspoon of each of the spices in a small container so when I want to make a cup all I have to do is take a pinch of the premixed spices.

No comments: