Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy 2010

A quiet night in this house. Mark went to bed early to be bright eyed and bushy tailed for all the games scheduled for today. The boys and I stayed up and watched a movie as per our New Year's Eve tradition. Ian crashed before the movie was over so we talked him into going to bed when Robbie, suffering from a cold, went up to bed. Alex stayed awake through the movie but decided to head up to bed mere minutes before the changing of the year.

Thus, it was Cam and I who shared a bottle of Sparkling Cider to toast 2010...

Crazy as it seems, me fighting a head cold, elected NOT to take my traditional 12:01 AM pictures of sleeping kiddos. And I do believe that is the first time since I started that tradition (the year Cam was born)...not sure how I feel about that now in the light of day.

I'm not big on resolutions but am thinking it is time for some goals for 2010...
  1. Get back into the groove of my FlyLady schedule, even if it means blog posts to hold myself accountable.
  2. Spend a minimum of 15 minutes each week de-cluttering one area of the house. I'm feeling it's time to wash away the old and welcome the new more than ever before. So if we're not loving or using it, it is out. First up will be the master bath cabinet, LOL.
  3. Cabinet and closet organization. This sort of goes hand in hand with the above but I want to make the additional note that I want to buy whatever is needed if I can't re-purpose something we already have.
  4. Create and maintain some sort of blog schedule. Not sure yet what all this will entail but I want to be a better blogger...or at least a more interesting one, LOL.
  5. Get back into the groove of scrapbooking, even if only for 15 minutes a day. I've been missing the creativity and the photos are piling up!
  6. Get back on track with my book review blog posts. Some I just do, but some are for the authors, and I've been rather lax in this department this last month.
  7. Make a note of all projects in progress and create a plan for getting them finished in 2010. Of course, the most challenging part of this is to actually FOLLOW the plan.
  8. Writing. Finish the Selkie story I started in November as part of NaNoWriMo. Revise both the MaT and AL stories (which means Jewels, if you're reading this, you need to finish your critique, LOL) Continue reading and learning about the whole process!
  9. Get back into the groove of visiting blogs, websites, etc. and participating.
  10. My biggest goal, however, is to allow for spontaneity. Especially where the kids are concerned.

So that's 10 goals (in no particular order) for me in '10...

I'm thinking it's doable. I'll be interested in my review of this list January 1st, 2011. What are your goals for 2010?

1 comment:

Maria Zannini said...

You have a head cold? Oy, I think I would have stayed in bed. :o)

I like your decluttering resolution. Not a bad idea. I might do that myself.