Sunday, January 3, 2010

Flylady Accountability, LOL

A New Year and attempt gazillion to Fly with the FlyLady. Though I must say something new sticks each time I try so it can't all be a wash, LOL

One of the beauties of the FlyLady's system is that outside of the daily routines there are no, dare I use the word, chores on the weekends. Saturday is Family Fun Day. Now who doesn't like having THAT on your calendar? Sunday is Renew Your Spirit Day, which can include church but is more about recharging the ol' batteries.

Zone 1 -- Entry Way -- of January 2010 was New Year's Day and I did nothing! Granted my entry still has our Christmas wreath up so doesn't look too bad. But I include our downstairs guest bath in Zone 1 and that does need to be done. So I'll be spending 15 minutes a day doing Zone 1 stuff in addition to the Zone 2 stuff.

I'm going to baby step my way through this year, so none of the extra missions yet for me but you can get all that info for yourself by clicking through on the link in the sidebar. What my plan is, at least for the moment, is to do one FlyLady post a week -- likely on Sunday or Monday -- that will include a review of my previous week and the goals for the upcoming one. Hopefully, you all won't get too bored with it but in the end I'm doing it to hold myself accountable to the system. I really do believe in it and when I'm on task with it the house runs like a well oiled machine and my stress level is practically nil. I think I'll call this a tune up rather than an attempt!

This Week we are in Zone 2 -- The Kitchen

New Habit for January 2010 -- Shine Your Sink

Daily Reminders:

* Morning Routine:
-Get Dressed to Shoes including Hair/Face, Brush Teeth
-Make Bed
-Swish & Swipe Toilet
-Empty Dishwasher
-Reboot Laundry (a Load a Day Keeps CHAOS Away)
-Check Your Calendar
-Check Your Control Journal

* What's For Dinner?

* Drink Your Water

* Declutter for 15 Minutes

* 15 Minutes of Loving Movement (exercise)

* Before Bed Routine:
-Lay out Your Clothes for tomorrow
-Check Your Calendar
-Put things needed for tomorrow at the Launch Pad
-Where are your Keys?
-Spend Two Minutes Clearing off a Hot Spot
-Shine Your Sink
-Wash face/Brush Teeth
-Go to Bed at a Decent Hour

Check out the link in the sidebar for details.

No comments: