Welcome to July! We are at the start of a brand new month and that means it's time for a brand new habit. This month, we'll be working on the Swish and Swipe of the bathroom.
These are the Zones for July -- Mark your calendars:
Zone 1: The Entrance, Front Porch and Dining Room (July 1 - 3) -- Instead of my Dining area, I do the downstairs Guest Bath. I also consider the stairs as part of the Entrance.
Zone 2: The Kitchen (July 6 - 10) -- I also do my Dining Area this week.
Zone 3: The Bathroom and One Extra Room (July 13 - 17) -- This is always the boys' Bath and I rotate the three bedrooms upstairs. While I'm upstairs this week, I also do the Hall.
Zone 4: The Master Bedroom (July 20 - 24) -- Of course, this includes the Master Bath. This week while I'm upstairs I also do the Laundry area.
Zone 5: The Living Room (July 27 - 31) -- My Den floats between Zone 1 and 5 depending on how long I have in those Zones. This month, I'll do the Den this week during Zone 5.
Though, for all that I fall off the wagon, I've managed better since starting to Fly than I ever did before I learned about FlyLady. My personal inventory --
- I make my bed every morning when I get up. (How about that shocker Mom?)
- I get dressed before leaving my room each morning but I'm not sure if that's because of the FlyLady or the fact I'm the only female in the house.
- I run the dishwasher and shine my kitchen sink every night.
- One of the boys is responsible for unloading the dishwasher every morning. Part of the pulling their own weight around the house theory.
- I run a load of laundry every day...usually in the morning...and it's done when I've folded, hung, and distributed. The boys are responsible for putting their clothes away in their dressers and closets.
- I regularly plan our dinners...often lunches too...and shop from that.
- I'm getting better about having a leftover night each week and doing breakfast for dinner at least twice a month.
- I run the vacuum as part of my Weekly Blessing...usually Tuesday downstairs and Friday upstairs. Ideally, the boys should be doing this as part of that whole pulling their weight thing.
- Downstairs dusting happens as part of my Weekly Blessing, too. My goal is to get upstairs in there somehow.
- I've gotten better at decluttering and letting things go. Mark will likely disagree, but I don't hoard things like I used to and have for the most part embraced the idea that if I'm not using it or not loving it, it's outta here. We usually have a donation for Goodwill or the Vets every couple of months.