Wednesday, July 1, 2009

FlyLady -- Again

Once again I've fallen off the FlyLady wagon. Time to get back on track.

Welcome to July! We are at the start of a brand new month and that means it's time for a brand new habit. This month, we'll be working on the Swish and Swipe of the bathroom.


These are the Zones for July -- Mark your calendars:

Zone 1: The Entrance, Front Porch and Dining Room (July 1 - 3) -- Instead of my Dining area, I do the downstairs Guest Bath. I also consider the stairs as part of the Entrance.

Zone 2: The Kitchen (July 6 - 10) -- I also do my Dining Area this week.

Zone 3: The Bathroom and One Extra Room (July 13 - 17) -- This is always the boys' Bath and I rotate the three bedrooms upstairs. While I'm upstairs this week, I also do the Hall.

Zone 4: The Master Bedroom (July 20 - 24) -- Of course, this includes the Master Bath. This week while I'm upstairs I also do the Laundry area.

Zone 5: The Living Room (July 27 - 31) -- My Den floats between Zone 1 and 5 depending on how long I have in those Zones. This month, I'll do the Den this week during Zone 5.

Though, for all that I fall off the wagon, I've managed better since starting to Fly than I ever did before I learned about FlyLady. My personal inventory --

  1. I make my bed every morning when I get up. (How about that shocker Mom?)
  2. I get dressed before leaving my room each morning but I'm not sure if that's because of the FlyLady or the fact I'm the only female in the house.
  3. I run the dishwasher and shine my kitchen sink every night.
  4. One of the boys is responsible for unloading the dishwasher every morning. Part of the pulling their own weight around the house theory.
  5. I run a load of laundry every day...usually in the morning...and it's done when I've folded, hung, and distributed. The boys are responsible for putting their clothes away in their dressers and closets.
  6. I regularly plan our dinners...often lunches too...and shop from that.
  7. I'm getting better about having a leftover night each week and doing breakfast for dinner at least twice a month.
  8. I run the vacuum as part of my Weekly Blessing...usually Tuesday downstairs and Friday upstairs. Ideally, the boys should be doing this as part of that whole pulling their weight thing.
  9. Downstairs dusting happens as part of my Weekly Blessing, too. My goal is to get upstairs in there somehow.
  10. I've gotten better at decluttering and letting things go. Mark will likely disagree, but I don't hoard things like I used to and have for the most part embraced the idea that if I'm not using it or not loving it, it's outta here. We usually have a donation for Goodwill or the Vets every couple of months.

No comments: