Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sometimes...

doing the right thing is nerve-wracking. I just got a call from the DA's office and I've been subpoenaed as a witness in a domestic violence case. I'm still shaking. I mean it's been almost a year without hearing anything. I don't even know the people involved other than she was living with a neighbor at the time. So unless a plea is done before hand I'm to appear at the pre-lim next week.

I'll bet Mark never thought he'd get out of work because of me being subpoenaed LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Sherri, I'd be shaking too if I got a call from the DA (aren't they supposed to serve you with papers though?). You are a strong woman, just hang in there & speak the truth. Hopefully it will all be settled either before court date or that morning when the attorneys & judge meet for their briefs. You are excellent at putting your thoughts in writing so start making notes as to what happened. As you do this it might jog your memory to remember other items related to the case. You didn't say when the court date is so all I'll do is wish you good luck.
I'm going to make your enchiladas next week - looking forward to it because I have first hand knowledge as to how good yours are!!
Love
Mom