Thursday, January 8, 2009

Chores

I hate 'em...who doesn't.

We've tried so many things to get the boys to help out around the house that I've lost track. I've fallen back to a chore chart...lovingly created in Excel. I love creating spreadsheets and charts in Excel, just ask any of my old co-workers. The most recent incarnation of this is:



I'm sure the kids will kick up a stink...they always do. I mean really! Outside of keeping their rooms clean (which they don't), putting their clean clothes away (which they don't), and making sure their dirty clothes are in the laundry -- in the correct pile -- (which they don't), they don't have that many chores.

Is it REALLY that hard?

Well, this calendar has:

  1. KP...Kitchen Patrol which mainly means that person needs to unload the dishwasher in the morning but can sometimes include wiping down the table or sweeping the floor.
  2. VAC...Vacuum Duty which simply means vacuuming either DOWNstairs or UPstairs.
  3. GAR...Garbage Duty which mainly means emptying all the trash inside the house into the can we take to the curb but can sometimes include getting the recycling ready or taking things to the curb.

I really don't think this is too much to ask of a 10 year old, a 7 year old, and a 5 year old. Do you?

The Zone stuff is mine for my Flylady schedule. I had it on my main calendar (in the den) but wasn't using it the way I needed to. So I added my chores to the Chore Calendar in the kitchen. Hopefully, this will help me with my chores, too.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Hey Sherri, I don't think it is too much to ask, but then again what the heck do I know. I can't get the 19yo or the 17yo to do a thing around either. They wine about it all the time. I don't think it's too much to get the garbage out or clean your own dish or cup that you just used. Hello... That is all I pretty much ask of them.

Thanks for the reminder of Melatonin. I have some because Joseph has trouble sleeping sometimes.

Lynn Boyle said...

Hey there. good luck. hope it works out. So how do i fix my photo on my title??? dumb question i know but i am not sure what to do. hope all is well still trying to catch up and get back into our routine, it's been hard waking up at 6 am when we've been all sleeping in until 8am for the past 3 weeks LOL

Unknown said...

Here Here! I concur, i agree. I hate chores! LOL