Thursday, July 26, 2007

ZOO

I was lucky to fall into a great child care situation when we moved to St. Helens. I found someone who had similar parenting ideas and worked out of her home to give the boys as much consistency as our crazy lives could have. Over the years, the boys have been coached by her husband, Gerald, and grown up with her kids to the point they have become a part of the family. And a friendship grew up between Kay and me. We will truly miss the day to day.



As a bit of a farewell, the boys and I were treated to a trip to the zoo. I think Gerald directed us through the entire place LOL I must say it was more enjoyable for me having the extra hands and eyes helping herd the boys. We stopped to watch the bird show (I can't remember the last time I was able to do something like that at the zoo) and we had a couple of the birds fly right on top of us to the point that some actually got touched by a bird in flight...very cool.



We also took this time to present Kay with a little good-bye gift that included a picture of the boys. Kay, Thank you again for everything. Thank you for the love and care you've shown the boys. Thank you for the zoo yesterday. Thank you for being a friend...I'm gonna miss you. If you ever get down to Vegas, you've got a place to stay! Love you guys.

No comments: