Thursday, July 26, 2007

Blog Challenge

Today's 2Peas Challenge --- Blog about some of the challenges in your life that u are now facing. If any. Be as blunt, or bold as u like.

#1 Challenge is this whole move thing. I've got the time but I'm not on location. Mark's on location but doesn't have the time. We decided to rent rather then buy right off the bat and that's eased a bit of the strain but finding a rental is turning out to be more of a challenge than either of us expected.

#2 Challenge is $$...really, really tight right now. Needing deposits, etc. for the first challenge and still needing to PAY for the move. When we first planned out this whole relocation thing, all the "powers that be" who were trying to get Mark to move were also guaranteeing some type of moving bonus. Once all the dust had settled, HR ruled out any moving bonus...as I understand it, the company has experienced a lot of fraud with moving bonuses so has discontinued them. That means no $$ assistance and the savings is dwindling the longer it takes to complete the move.

#3 Challenge is the frustration that challenges one and two are causing. Mark is having doubts that this move is way to go. Both Mark and I are feeling the strain of being apart. The boys are tired of the temporary living and missing their Dad. With money going to storage rent, the duplex rent and Mark's room rent...we need to get under one roof again.

#4 Challenge is needing to pack up the stuff we kept out of storage for the duplex. Easier said than done with the boys just having to have X that's in the box I just packed. And as the actual move date is still up in the air because of challenge one I can't just pack everything and be done with it. Plus I'm still trying to sort out the clothing that we won't need in Vegas so that can get donated. Definitely spinning my wheels in this department.

I know everything will work out. I know that this move is the way to go for our family. It's just hard to see the silver lining right now. Trying to keep positive thoughts flowing.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Ohhh boy, I can completely understand challenge #2. No funds. It is so hard to make a move like that. Not only because you are apart from each other, but the uncertainies. You start to wonder if it was the right decision or not. I'm sure it will all be fine once everything is settled. It just takes some time.
Just so you know... I've been trying to make that same move from NY though for over 11 years now! My dh just won't go and now I've finally given him a deadline. June 2009 right after our youngest graduates H.S. I'm out of here with or without him at this point. I wish you guys luck with everything.

Theresa said...

dh is starting a business, so i completely understand #2. good luck with moving. i'm sure it will all work out... big hugs!

Enchanted said...

I'm in the process of moving and I'm only one person! I can't imagine how stressed you must be right now :( Just keep focusing on how wonderful it will be when it is all done and over with and you're all together under one roof again. Hopefully that will be enough to keep you going. :)