Friday, July 20, 2007

So long, farewell, au revoir, auf wiedersehen

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, adieu...

Today. It's appropriate that today is a misty, even rainy, gray day. Today is bittersweet. Today I embark on a new adventure of being a SAHM. Today...today was my last day of work. I'm leaving an awesome group of people doing a lot of good deeds in the community. Last week I started what my supervisor dubbed my "Farewell Tour" so pulling some "Sound of Music" lyrics out...I'm bidding farewell to my co-workers and friends.



The tour started in Vernonia, a beautiful little town on a beautiful lake. Karen, I'll miss you. I'll miss your positive outlook on life. The people of Vernonia are lucky to have you as an Advocate (even if Ken changed your title LOL)


The next stop was Rainier, right on the Columbia River along the Lewis and Clark trail. Kathy, You are just 6 months into this crazy family and doing great. I'll miss you.

Then a bit closer to home, Scappoose: the Gateway to Columbia County. Melissa, You are an amazing, caring young women...sometimes I forget that you still have so much ahead of you. You handle dealing with us old folks like a trooper LOL Gonna miss you.




Next up was Clatskanie, a little town just NW of Rainier on the beautiful Clatskanie River. Marge, You've got the best location..."The Castle"...what a great place to work each day. You have a generous soul and I'll miss you.



Finally, home...St. Helens, the county seat. Millie, I'm really gonna miss you. Carpooling, swapping kid stories...you are the "Queen". Keep Ken in line for me LOL

Joe, The vets are lucky to have someone so detailed to help them navigate the government paperwork. You've been a great addition to the programs. All the best.

Juliann, Glad you stepped up to the plate to fill my shoes...I know you'll do great even if it's a bit overwhelming right now. It's been great getting to know you. All the best.

Ken, The Commander in Chief...you took over this position with just a few hours "training" from your predecessor and an assistant who only had a few months on the job and you've made this program grow! We've come a long way in the last 3 years! We've shared an office and shared our lives and I have a lump in my throat just thinking about how much I'm gonna miss you.

I leave and heave a sigh and say goodbye -- Goodbye!

1 comment:

QueenTracy said...

Congrats on your new position! Saying goodbye can be tough.

Thanks so much for your encouraging comments. I really appreciate it.