Saturday, January 14, 2023

Weekly Progress

Week Two is almost a wrap.

Fun event this last week was seeing To Kill a Mockingbird at the Smith Center with Ian. Normally, I'll read the program before the show starts but Ian and I were talking/catching up. I spent the entire first act recognizing the voice of the actor portraying Atticus Finch but not placing it. (My seats are good but without binoculars, you'd be hard pressed to see individual faces. Since focusing on faces via binoculars means missing other aspects of what's happening on stage, I no longer even take them to shows.) Of course the minute the lights went up for intermission I was looking up Atticus...it was none other than Richard Thomas! Another I recognized was Jeff Still! Yeah, a bit of a fan girl moment.

Habits I'm tracking:

1) Morning Affirmations -- 6 of 7 days 

2) 20 Minutes Walking -- HA HA HA, that'd be a big ol' no this week

3) 20 Minutes Reading -- 3 of 7 days

I created a quick and dirty Google Docs sheet to track my reading. Nothing fancy, just title, series/book number, author, month completed, and format (ie: paper, ebook, audio book, etc.). I used to keep a much more detailed list back when I barrowed from the library more and paper was my default format. With Kindle, I can just drop completed books into a collection and call it good. As of today, I've read nine books this year and did a beta read for Joely

4) Work Writing -- 4 of 7 days, I completed my read through of my current WIP and added 1k new words...Yay!

5) Name 3 Gratitudes -- 6 of 7 days (haven't done tonight's yet) - I'll do my weekly review of the journal I'm keeping for this tonight

6) Drink 4 "bottles" of water -- 1 of 7, which isn't to say I don't drink water daily I just didn't meet my daily goal of 4

I had two items I wanted to complete this week 1) scan and shred papers on desk - done, and 2) schedule doctor's appointment with primary care doctor - done.

I've been successful in not buying any books this month. Though I admit to adding some to my wish list.

Today has been insanely productive on the cleaning front and I was able to tick off a lot of items from my to-do list. I'm pleasantly tired.

No comments: