Friday, November 26, 2010

Post Thanksgiving

Okay, our Thanksgiving has to go on record as the weirdest to date.

A little back story...while I was in Oregon caring for the parental units, Mark spilled something in the oven.  Figured the liquid doused the gas line somehow.  After I got home he managed to get it working again if somewhat sporadically.  Last week, his patch job failed so all we had was the broiler.  He ordered the part needed to fix the thing but it hasn't arrived yet. 

So we woke up Monday morning seriously debating the idea of bundling the boys and Guinea Pigs in the car, hitting the road as soon as school was over Wednesday for a mad trip to Oregon for some turkey and family.  Then we looked at the weather...oy!  Nixed that idea pretty fast.

Plan B...go to South Point for dinner.  Okay, never gone out to eat for Thanksgiving before but darn it I was going to have a turkey dinner!

But what the heck to do with myself?

Mark, as per tradition, was watching the myriad of football games on TV.  The boys were happily playing WII and Playstation (swapping TV's with Mark depending on which gaming system they wanted).  I had nothing to cook.  The males in my family laugh at the traditional Christmas movies I want to watch...assuming I could get a TV long enough to watch one.  I got mostly caught up with NaNo but then what?  I was at a complete loss of what to do with myself.

If it ever happens again :shudder: it'll be too soon.

I joked with my sister-in-law that I was getting drunk instead but even that didn't hold much appeal (and was far from happening anyway).

So, today,  as per tradition, we are decking the halls!  Bring on the Christmas music!

2 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

Ref: I was at a complete loss of what to do with myself.

That is so bizarre! LOL. I wish we were closer. You could have helped me cook. :)

PS The image of you bundling up guinea pigs just had me laughing. I can see them now in little coats and galoshes.

Sherri said...

I would have loved to help you cook! And I will get my stuffing/dressing recipes up for you in time for Christmas :)

Now, I have that image in my mind too!

Actually, we do have to "bundle" the little guys by covering their cage to prevent drafts.