Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Continuing My 3 Column

saga...so far I've spent more time tweaking this blog today than it probably deserves or needs oh well.

I've hit on something closer to what I was hoping for with this version. I'm not happy with the lack of colors or defined sidebars but the posts are on the left. As we read left to right the most important should be foremost on the left. I created the tab section to the right to house the blog maintenance if you will. I'll be adding the blog and website links to that middle area under the blinkie as I get time over the next few days.

All of this template wizardry complements of the fabulous tutorials at Lawny Designs. Seriously folks, with his steps, screen shots, and copy and paste instructions I took a basic Blogger template and changed it to the three column one you see. And with his awesome direction I even ADDED something completely new to the code!

I've created a Guinea Pig blog to test his processes out on other templates and hopefully I'll hit on something that will be perfect. For now, I think I'm done toying with this baby!

2 comments:

marilyn said...

OK. I think that seems good. It seems to have a plan now.

Love,
Mom

Sherri said...

I think you must have been on at the time I was switching out the template and I had to rearrange the widgets. They were all over the place at first, LOL.