Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Flylady Zone 2

FLY Habits: Welcome to October!Our new habit for October is focusing on our Paper Clutter!!

This is the month of falling leaves, Halloween costumes, and a brand new habit! All month long, we are going to be working on...Paper Clutter. School is in full swing and that means tons of extra papers hanging around the house. Trust me, I know all about that. LOL

This week we are in Zone 2: The Kitchen

Sneak Peek for the Week Get a sneak peek at what is coming up this week!

Monday's Mission:We are back in the kitchen!! The mission for today is not fun! So sorry! LOL! Clean your kitchen trash cans!! Take out the trash and wash those nasty gross cans out! You know what happens when that trash bag slips down and yet the rest of the family still tosses things in there! Use a soapy rag and wipe down the sides and the bottom. Some of you may need to take the can outside and spray it out with the hose. If you have a lid, don't forget to clean the underside.

Have fun! (Kelly is ducking and running now....lol)

~ DONE ~

FlyLady's Daily Reminder - Monday is the WEEKLY HOME BLESSING HOUR!

~ Downstairs: vacuumed and swept the middles (including the stairs), feather dusted, polished TV and mirrors (didn't bother with the glass doors as they looked fine), and took out the trash

~ DONE ~

Today's Mission:
Your mission for today should you choose to accept it: Scrub down your counter-tops. I don't mean to just wipe a rag across them! I mean you get some hot soapy water and you wipe down the counters from front to back and side to side. Yes, you have to move the stuff on the counters to do this. DON'T take everything off at one time and then plan to put it all back again, I promise you will get sidetracked and then you will all email me crying that it is all my fault!! LOL! You just move your toaster (or coffee pot or whatever this is an example here! :>) ) over to one side and wipe down the counter, then move over a foot or so, move aside what is there and wipe down some more and so on. We are not marathon cleaning the kitchen here, just getting all the crumbs and junk that seems to build up behind and under things. Have fun! Don't obsess! Enjoy!

~ DONE ~

FlyLady's Daily Reminder - Tuesday is a free day. Remember to do your normal routines!

Well, this week I'm off to a backwards start. I kinda made yesterday my free day so today I need to do the weekly home blessing hour (well it's more like two having a two story house as we do LOL)

And I need to try and tackle at least one of those missions! It's a REALLY good thing that this month's habit is paper...I've got stacks LOL

~ I even wiped down the front door which is actually part of Zone 1 but didn't get done last week, and wiped down the outside of the kitchen appliances which is part of Zone 2.

~ I'm feeling pretty good right now and am off to enjoy 15-20 minutes of me time before starting the upstairs. (Green = edit at 1:16pm 10-7-08)

No comments: