Monday, July 7, 2008

My Sister

My parents sent me some pictures from my sister's birthday party on Saturday. That's my sister, Debbie, on the phone with me and my Mom.

Growing up we fought over the silly things that kids do. In school, Debbie was the popular one...I was always Debbie's sister LOL even though I'm two years older.

Debbie has always been a "marshmallow" (her term...not mine) wearing her heart on her sleeve. I love that about her. I miss that. I can take anything to her in confidence and she's there for me without judgement.

As adults, with families and busy lives, we don't get together as much as we'd like. Now with me being in a completely different state...it's even less. I miss that...need to make time for that. We're going for coffee, Debbie, next time we're within 50 miles of each other!

I had a bit of an epiphany over the weekend while talking with Mark...that I married someone with a lot of the traits I admire and love in my sister.

Happy 40th Debbie!

No comments: