Wednesday, November 10, 2010

WiP Wednesday

Where's your novel at?

Day 3 -- I managed to knock out 2950 words which put me back on schedule. Woot!  Amazing what one can do without kids running around screaming and fighting and trashing the house.  Plus, I put Jace and Reese's theme song on a loop, LOL.

Day 4 -- Knocked out 1928 words.  According to the stats on my NaNo page, I'm now 2 days ahead of schedule. Yeah, I like the sound of that a lot better.

Day 5 -- I did a Dark & Early writing session and got 1042 words.  Again I've fallen a bit behind but I'm still feeling good about where the story is going.

Day 6 -- Still behind but knocked out 1425 words today but the NaNo page shows I'm back on track...I'll take it, LOL

Day 7 -- I have no idea how I managed to write 2007 words considering the emotional roller coaster the day turned into but I did.

Day 8 -- I think the emotional overload hit.  I only got 675 words and each one was a battle.

Day 9 -- Much better day.  I got 1835 words and am calling that good for the day.

Sitting at a grand total of 14516 at the end of Day 9 which is about 500 shy of the 15003 I should have but I'm okay with that.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Woo! Great progress! 500 words behind is so totally workable. Keep on goin'!

Sherri said...

Thanks Nicole!

Charlene said...

Wow Sherri. That is fantastic. You made wonderful progress & as I personally know your children that is saying a lot. Will they be home from school Thanksgiving week or only the usual 2 days? What about the Christmas holidays? Do you know a reliable teenager who can come entertain them during the holidays so you can continue writing?
Very proud of you for your writing perseverance.

Sherri said...

Thanks Mom. I've got a lot of catching up to do this coming week but the boys are in school all week so crossing fingers.