Monday, May 4, 2009

Top 10 Tear-Jerker Movies

Okay, I watched number 10 last night...a tear-jerker, make sure you have tissues handy, movie...which inspired today's Top 10 List.

10: P.S. I Love You (2007) with Hilary Swank and Gerard Butler. One of those rare movies that is equal to the book or at the very least such a close second as to be considered equal.

9: The Notebook (2004) with Ryan Gosling/James Garner and Rachel McAdams/Gena Rowlands. I haven't read this book yet. But as most of Nicholas Sparks' novels are tear-jerkers for me, I suspect I'll find this another situation where the book and movie are fairly equal.

8: Love Affair (1994) with Warren Beatty and Annette Bening. A re-make of An Affair to Remember that holds its own without distracting from the 1957 version which funny enough is a re-make of a 1939 film called Love Affair.

7: Forrest Gump (1994) with Tom Hanks and Robin Wright (Penn).

6: Ghost (1990) with Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore.

5: Beaches (1988) with Bette Midler and Barbara Hershey. Another rare movie that is equal to the book.

4: Term of Endearment (1983) with Shirley MacLaine, Debra Winger, and Jack Nicholson.

3: Somewhere in Time (1980) with Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour.

2: Love Story (1970) with Ali MacGraw and Ryan O'Neal.

and the all time classic --

1: An Affair to Remember (1957) with Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr.

I just realized that someone dies in over half the movies I listed. Am I morbid?

No comments: