Saturday, September 13, 2008

Supporting a friend

The most important thing in the world is to be there for the people you love. When I found out Vern had passed I called Mark at work and told him I really wanted, needed to be available for Julie.

Let me just say my husband is the best in the entire world!

He arranged things at work so he could be home for the kids. He booked my flight. So today I'm here...in Oregon...for the funeral of my bestest best friend's father.

I had to be here for her...it's what friends do for each other. I know she's got family. I know they are all busy planning and taking care of all the things that have to be taken care of when someone passes. But I'm here...she knows I'm here.

And I'm available for whatever she needs; a shoulder to cry on, a listening ear, and hopefully someone who can help put a smile on her face even if it's just for a moment.

I love you Mark for being so awesome even when three of the four boys have colds and you'd rather be anywhere else.

I love you Julie and I'm here for you!

1 comment:

Lynn Boyle said...

Your a great friend and knowing that your there is going to mean the world to her. I am so sorry for her loss i could never imagine and i only the road will be tough, she'll have a hole in her heart forever, it's her DAD.

Mark you are the bomb.. thank you for being who you are and being supporting it is times like these you realize what love and marriage, commitment and partnership are about... life is too short family is everything . even though i don't say it much you know we always miss you guys. always will.