Wednesday, July 4, 2007

4th of July

A very low-key 4th of July this year with it falling in the middle of the week as it did and having to work the next day and all. Mark decided to head south to So. Cal. for the holiday…turns out he got Monday and Tuesday off as well the lucky duck…rather than come north to us. It really wasn’t much of a contest when you weigh a 3 hour drive vs. a 17+ one but we really missed having him here. Knowing that the end is in sight is a small consolation but I could have used the down time…I was not made to be a single Mom.


Spent the early part of the day just tinkering around the house, nothing special and too hot to do much of anything…until Ian found a permanent marker and decided to color himself and my bed and a couple of the plastic toy bins. So here I am at 11:30 waiting for my sheets to come out of the drier…good thing I don’t have be in to work early tomorrow.


Cleaned up the marker as best I could, called Mark and vented…poor guy, loaded the kids in the van and headed to Mark’s parents’ before I completely lost what little sanity I had.


We had a nice little visit, BBQ some hamburgers, let the kids run themselves into the ground…tried to keep the boys off the newly seeded grass, which they of course had to walk on every time they got on or off the deck…and managed to hold the boys off till 9 for fireworks.


Robbie squirmed on my lap for about 10 minutes before getting so bored and tired that I passed him to Nana, who managed to snuggle him till he fell asleep and ended up in his car seat.




















Ian was a bit nervous at first…the whole hot, fire, burn thing had him on the sidelines but he snuggled in with me for a bit and was up with the big boys in no time.














Sparklers turned out to be a bit of a dud which was upsetting to Cam and Alex so they did more watching than participating.

The finale was a thing called the Blue Planet…worth the 10 bucks.


















Got home about 11 and everyone went right to bed without fuss or argument and I’m enjoying the most quiet I’ve had in at least a week.

No comments: