Thursday, November 8, 2007

Challenging week

this week.

Cam has been mouthing off more than usual. I'd like to write it off to being nine but I think it's his way of acting out about not wanting to be here. He seems to be enjoying school. He's making friends tho' I'm sure he misses the ones back home. I'm starting to receive some rather chauvinistic remarks from him...not happy about that at all and other than having Mark take on a more hands approach to the situation, I'm not sure what to do.

Alex has gotten into the habit of leaving the house without permission and/or letting us know where he's going. Even tho' he was grounded on Tuesday for doing it Monday and Tuesday, he went out yet again this afternoon. Made worse today by playing "ding dong ditch" so instead of one week it's now two weeks. Yesterday, he must have decided his hair was getting too long...so he started cutting it just minutes before needing to go to school. Another buzz cut boy...he cried the whole time I was cutting it.

Ian has mastered the pee aspect of the toilet I just wish he'd pick up the pace and master the poop aspect. I'm giving it till the 1st of the year then I'm not helping anymore. I'm getting tired of cleaning pooh off the walls, doors, sinks...you get the idea.

Robbie has picked up less than desirable words..."shut-up" while cute in voice not so cute in content.

All the boys seem to have decided to test things here that they never did in St. Helens. I don't know if it's just their way of acting out. Or the adjustment to having Mark here and a more regular disciplinary figure. Or just what is going on but it's driving me insane.

2 comments:

Em said...

I remember when we made our 1st big move- I was 8 and hunter was 5-we were terrible, I'll bet it is wierd for them to have Mark home often, I remember when my dad spent more time home we seemed to get into more trouble all the time. mmmmmm

Em said...

I remember when we made our 1st big move- I was 8 and hunter was 5-we were terrible, I'll bet it is wierd for them to have Mark home often, I remember when my dad spent more time home we seemed to get into more trouble all the time. mmmmmm